educational technology support
Androgogic provides an unparalleled end user support services for staff and students via phone, web and email, 7 days a week, 363 days a year (closed Easter Friday and Christmas day).
The service desk provides advice and support on a range of Educational Technology applications saving you the need to train and maintain internal help desk staff in supporting specialist teaching and learning applications.
Androgogic’s Service Desk has assisted many thousands of students across Australia and beyond with their help desk requests and delivers support with a high-level of expertise, courtesy and service levels.
If your institution selects Androgogic to provide your tier 1 and tier 2 support services, you can derive the following benefits:
- Avoid costly professional development for new systems and additional support burdens on staff, particularly higher-level IT staff
- Widen the hours of support coverage for your end-user-facing educational systems beyond that traditionally within the reach of most institutions
- Reduce response and resolution times, and receive detailed reports on support performance
- Balance peak support loads during start of semester, exams and the deployment of new tools and systems
And of course our primary goal - happy and satisfied customers.
Extend Your Support Capability
Androgogic operates an extended-hours Service Desk for both students and staff. It is Australian owned and operated 363 days of the year and is available via a web portal, a 1800 free-call phone number or by email. Our experience is that online learning is extensively utilised out of standard business hours, and that providing active support services across these times can significantly enhance the experiences of students and staff in their online learning environment.
Androgogic's Service Desk achieved more than 97% of expected Service Level Agreement targets last year. The support team led by Kal Jade - Androgogic’s Service Desk Manager - has a well-developed knowledge of eLearning products built across experience with multiple higher education institutions. As well as maintaining an internal knowledge base, they have direct access to experienced second-level Educational Technologists and the Androgogic development team for escalation and resolution of complex incidents.
Quality support with ITIL
At the heart of our support services is are a set of ITIL-oriented policies and processes, supported by LiveTime™ - an ITIL compliant, fully featured incident tracking and management system which stores your service level agreements and tracks and reports all incidents and problems against the pre-agreed benchmarks. ITIL management of incidents ensures the same things don’t go wrong over and over again, but are captured in a systemic ‘problem’ which can then be investigated and a systemic solution put in place to stop the generation of new incidents of the same type. Androgogic seeks to proactively use this method of continuous improvement both in the enhancement of software systems and in the identification of professional development opportunities for staff, so that our client-partners are able to maximise the benefits of their Ed Tech systems over time.
- Popular Open Source Learning Management System (LMS)
- Open Source ePortfolio system
- Learning Content Management System (LCMS) / Enterprise Content Management (ECM) System Alfresco
- Lecturer recording system
- Virtual classroom system
- Anti-plagiarism system
- Student Management System (SMS)
Our support desk technicians are versatile and can help troubleshoot problems from authentication and basic usage mechanics to the wider scope of browser issues, plug-in problems, audio/video, connectivity, viruses and more.
We may also be able to provide support for your institution’s specific Educational Technology infrastructure systems in addition to the ones already supported – talk to us about an evaluation.
- Online support site (forms, knowledgebase)
- 1800 telephone number
- Monday-Friday, 8am-10pm
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays - 9am-5pm (excepting Easter Friday and Christmas Day)
- Web access is available 24 x 7 x 365